Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Sep 17, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Gryffindor's on tour 2017- Pre-Travel day 6/8

Now before I start I want to get out of the way a few disclaimers!

1. We are not massive drinkers so if you are wanting tips on the extensive range of drink menus in Florida this is not the trip report for you The most exciting drink we probably had was adding a few shots of lemon into our Coke Zero in the freestyle machines at Universal 😂😂

2. This holiday was planned to be a more relaxed affair so there are some days where we just chill at the villa and not as exciting as full on park days. We had a full on holiday in 2016 in Florida.

3. This was initially a Disney free holiday as we stayed onsite last year and decided to forego it this year... until MNSSHP was released so we added the party into our plans so we will contain 1 Disney day.

4. I'm not the best photographer, a lot of the times I forgot to take pictures of the food and during shows and fireworks I like to take in the moment through my own eyes and not though the screen of my phone taking pictures, so this report will contain some stock photos for the purpose the the report.

So on with the report, if you haven't read the pre trip report, this trip contains myself, Danielle, 31, Dave, 41, Evan who turned 13 on ur first full day and Jacob, 6.

Our trip was planned as follows,
7th August- fly Manchester to Heathrow to Miami
Spend 3 nights in Miami/ft lauderdale
18 nights in a villa with tickets to universal/ioa, Seaworld and Busch, discovery cove and MNSSHP
Fly home 28th August.

So on with the report...

I woke up on the Sunday morning at 6am having packed all of the cases the day before and scrubbed the house clean just leaving last minute jobs until today the bedding and hoovering and mopping. I had a suitcase pyramid in the corner of my bedroom.

I allowed Dave and the kids until 8am in bed before I woke them, turfed them out of bed and stripped the beds to be washed, they were not impressed 😂. I wanted them out and on the line to dry, it was a half decent day with a good wind, a good drying day, god I sound old!

All tidying and bedding done I head out to aldi to grab myself some face cream I had forgotten to get to go in the case and nipped to subway to get us all some dinner, Evan being the fussy awkward one wanted scrambled egg so I made that for him before leaving. Anyway I love a subway and had been saving all my subway points up to get some free subs on our ore travel day. I used 1500 points to get 3, 6 inch subs. Meatballs for Dave, chicken teriyaki for me and turkey and ham for Jacob. I got conned into buying 12 cookies by the cashier! Oh well they will do for on the plane as well. Took them home and we all digged in to the subs and the cookies. It was delicious as always.

The bedding was dry so all the beds were made up again whilst Dave packed up the car with the cases and the kids. I went around turning everything off and double triple checking everything was locked. I then got to work on the floors with nobody to mess them up. We live in a bungalow so no stairs to content with on the cleaning front. I hoovered the whole bungalow and mopped all the wooden and tiled floors, ready to come home to a nice clean house.

I locked up the house and felt a sense of holiday mode creeping over me! I was mega excited

We were on our way to the Premier Inn Runger Lane North at Manchester airport at 2.45pm, we arrived at 3.10pm 😂😂 yes we live that close to the airport. I like starting a day earlier and it means I can leave the house in a sparkling state without rushing around at 5am trying to make beds and make sure everything is clean, tidy, locked up and turned off. For the sake of a £35 room it gives me peace of mind and keeps my anxiety at bay. Usually before a holiday my anxiety levels are sky high but this year for some reason I was so calm and not anxious at all which was strange because it was our first time going indirect and I thought it would make me really on edge.

Anyway we checked in and we were given room 106, it was a nice room same as most Premier Inn's family rooms, however our view was rubbish! It was of the car park and a load of rubbish which had been thrown out from higher floors. Last year we were on the 6 th floor and had a view of the airport.

Anyway we dumped our bags and headed out to the Trafford centre around 4pm, the shops shut at 6pm so we had a wonder around and bought nothing 😂 The kids had requested Pesto for tea, they love it here, it's Italian tapas. They do a special menu for 3 dishes for £7.95. I forgot to take a picture but I will add a stock photo (remember the disclaimer

All done and dusted we headed back to the Premier Inn via Terminal 3 as we wanted to see where the Meet and Greet was as we had never used the T3 one. M&G found we went to the hotel all had baths and settled down in bed where we found Harry Potter and the half blood prince just starting on the TV. We turned the TV off at 10.25pm after the film and We settled down all excited for our holidays and the memories we are going to be making I settled down to the worst sleep ever...

Tomorrow travel day

Edited at 02:16 PM.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm loving your disclaimer! 😀 it hasn't put me off at all!

Also, it sounds perfectly sensible to force everyone else to get up so you could do the laundry...how do they manage to sleep in on pre travel day? mine are the same I will never get it!

Looking forward to the next instalment.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm loving your disclaimer! 😀 it hasn't put me off at all!

Also, it sounds perfectly sensible to force everyone else to get up so you could do the laundry...how do they manage to sleep in on pre travel day? mine are the same I will never get it!

Looking forward to the next instalment.
I know! None of my lot get excited about anything, I'm sure it's a boy thing! I get excited about everything like a big kid!

Thanks for reading and commenting, Travel day will be added today 🤗
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Great start Danielle, looking forward to more.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great start! You sound exactly like me, I have to leave a tidy house before going on holiday as well

I noticed you said you didn't have a good nights sleep, its supposed to be "Premier Inn Guaranteed" I hope you asked for your refund lol

Looking forward to the rest!
Old 17 Sep 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Great disclaimers! Can't beat that mega excited feeling beforehand. Looking forward to the rest.

Mrs P
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Following along. Looking forward to reading 😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Great start! You sound exactly like me, I have to leave a tidy house before going on holiday as well

I noticed you said you didn't have a good nights sleep, its supposed to be "Premier Inn Guaranteed" I hope you asked for your refund lol

Looking forward to the rest!
Haha, it was more down to my own excitement than the premier inn's fault, next time I'm taking some sleeping tablets! Or just neck some vodka

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Great disclaimers! Can't beat that mega excited feeling beforehand. Looking forward to the rest.

Mrs P
I love it the anticipation before a holiday and the buildup

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Following along. Looking forward to reading 😊
Thanks for reading
Old 19 Sep 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Great start Danielle, looking forward to more.
selina, thanks for reading along
Old 10 Jan 18, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Just starting your trippie Danielle. Good start Can't wait to read all about your magical adventure