Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 Jan 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Gryffindor's on tour 2017 Day 5 12th Aug Disney Springs

Today was a good day, I woke at 6.50am which is now a lie in, I get up at 6.30am at home woohoo 🎉. I grabbed myself a bottle of water and headed out to the pool deck waiting for the sun to come up, it was so nice and peaceful out here just sitting and watching these weird birds digging in the grass for their breakfast 😂

Do you like my universal inspired pj's?

I was having a little chill time with my book for a whole 15 minutes until Dave followed me out with a cup of tea, closely followed by Jacob jumping in the pool at 7.20am! So long for my peaceful morning. I made us some breakfast which we had on the pool deck. Cheese and ham toasties all round, apart from Evan who was still snoring being the teenager of the family now.

There was a villa across the lake that had a big group either a big family or 2 families on holiday together, up as early as us they were definitely British 😂

Dave went to the lake with the fishing rod to see if he could catch anything. Me and Jacob were in the pool on our lilos when Dave came back up to the villa and told me an alligator just came up to him whilst he was fishin, I told him to go back and get a picture for proof, joking and he actually did 😂 Say hello to Dave's little mate

We had a lovely chilled out morning in the villa around the pool. The pool area at this villa really is beautiful, we enjoyed it so much. However by midday I was beginning to get itchy feet so we got ready and left the villa at 12.30pm heading for Disney springs. We had our Landrys card loaded with $50 and we were either going to use it in T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe. We were parked up at Disney Springs by 1pm and had a little wonder around taking the boys to look at both T-Rex and Rainforst Cafe and let them decide. They both decided T-Rex so we went to check in with the Landrys card. We were seated very quickly. I wasn't expecting much from the meal as I had read some unfavourable reviews on both restaurants but we were pleasantly surprised as all of our meals were lovely. I had 1/2 chicken with mash and fries (carb overload), Dave had the 44 burger, Jacob had the dinosaur chicken and Evan had pizza, plus the kids got dessert with their meals.

See I told you I get better with the food pictures

We were all amazed by the interior of the restaurant and loved it, even the quality of the food. Yes it's a bit noisy but not overly so, we really enjoyed our time in here. I'm not sure what we ended up paying as I don't seem to have put it down in my trippie notes but I can remember saying to Dave it wasn't expensive even if we didn't have the $50 off the bill. We would definitely return here again.

Now for the past few days I'd been laying the foundations about another trip for 2018, expecting Dave to cave in around Christmas time, I was talking about it again and in the car driving to Disney Springs Dave give me the go ahead for a 2018 trip so I was definitely on a high and we were discussing it through dinner at T-Rex and decided we definitely missed Disney and would be doing it in 2018. Evan had a face like thunder and was definitely not impressed but he never is so hey ho. Apparently Disney is for babies 🙄🤔😏.

We headed over to the Christmas shop in Disney springs after lunch as every year I buy myself a new ornament for my tree. I don't seem to have a picture but it is gorgeous as are all the others. It took me a while to decide which one I wanted. It came to $23 which is a lot more than I would ever pay in UK for a tree decoration but something when you're on holiday makes you not give 2 hoots about money.

We headed around to Goofy's Candy Co for some create your own treats. It was in here I was really missing the ddp and having to pay oop puts a bit of a sting in the tail! Dave decided he didn't want one so me, Evan and Jacob all ordered ours, we all ended up with the mickey rice heads with a variety of topping. The CM made mine up wrong so I took it back to get the correct one made up. I was chatting away to her about England and Scotland thinking she's going to let me keep both of these here, my new Bessie mate. She gave me my correct treat and threw the other one away. Wounded, absolutely wounded, she is not my Bessie anymore 😂

I have been dreaming about my m&ms rice crispy treat since May 2016 and had been recreating them at home in bite size squares and at home I'd been using galaxy chocolate, big mistake because I actually preferred my own creation at home instead of Disney chocolate, but it was nice all the same and I ate it over about 5 days 😂.

The kids booths had theirs made with sprinkles, they enjoyed them over a few days too, they are huge!

We shimmied over to ghirardelli's for our free square of chocolate, first time I've ever had it. Omg caramel square, out of this world amazing! Into World of Disney for a mooch, we bought nothing but spent and age in there. Over to Lego for the boys to look around and again bought nothing. We walked down to Cirque and back looking at all the new places that had opened along the way. We were last here in May 2016 so a lot had changed.

Check out Jacob in the Coca Cola shop, he makes a lovely polar bear

After walking around for a few hours we decided to head to Universal as the parking is now free after 6pm to exchange our vouchers for real tickets to save time on our morning in Universal and to have a mooch around CityWalk on a Saturday night.

On the drive up to Universal, Evan was not being well behaved and in my notes just says "gobbing off" haha unsure what about but it says I had a few stern words. I think he's testing the waters at the minute and seeing how far he could push us, he seems to be getting better now. I don't want to write a trippie and it come across all flowers and roses because kids do kick off and cause atmospheres on holiday, they can be a general PITA and Evan is a big one in mine.

But anyway we parked up in Universal at 6.15pm and CityWalk was heaving. We head to the ticket kiosk at 6.30pm it was rammed. I was expecting it to be really quiet. Anyway we had nowhere to be so we waited in line. There was some woman in the queue really coughing all over everybody, not covering her mouth then spitting all over the floor, it was absolutely disgusted. Me and another mum in the queue were looking at each other with just pure horror on our faces moving the kids behind us just in case this woman was spreading the plague or something 😂😂

We get the tickets exchanged then headed over to guest services to sort out a DAS pass and a birthday badge for Evan. All of this took over an hour so I'm glad we did it tonight instead of on the morning of our park days, saved us so much time. We headed out of CityWalk at 7.45pm and it was really raining. We asked the kids what they wanted for tea. Steak 'n Shake they shouted in unison (told you Steak 'n Shake was going to be a recurring theme in this trippie, should of called it the Steak 'n Shake diaries 😂&#128540

In Steak 'n Shake on the 192 again we ordered 2 turkey clubs for me and Dave, Jacob had a grilled cheese and Evan a hotdog. The kids asked for a side of mac and cheese but there server over ordered our order, we ended up with 2 hotdog meals for Evan and 3 mac and cheeses. We had so much food on the table.

The server was very apologetic and told us to keep all the food and only pay for what we ordered, we felt sorry for him he was only a young lad so we give him a decent tip. It was a Saturday and kids eat free on Saturday and Sunday so the bill was only $23.66.

We were home by 10pm so we packed up all of our stuff and set it by the door, we had our alarms set for 6am as we were off to Discovery Cove in the morning.

It says in my notes that I was not very excited as Evan had been pushing his luck a lot today and was ruining the holiday, I'm sure it must of been my feelings talking as thinking back I can't remember it being that bad, teenage years are just tough!

Edited at 03:05 PM.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Your goofy treats look yummy, i could just eat one of those right now!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Your goofy treats look yummy, i could just eat one of those right now!
I confess I've actually just made some of my own 😂😂 after writing this I was craving them 😏
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Can’t believe she threw the wrong Mickey head away and didn’t let you keep it anyway ! What a waste!
Love an early morning by the pool
Old 8 Feb 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Complete waste of a Mickey head, she should have just given it to you!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Can’t believe she threw the wrong Mickey head away and didn’t let you keep it anyway ! What a waste!
Love an early morning by the pool
Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Complete waste of a Mickey head, she should have just given it to you!
Glad I'm not the only one who couldn't believe she threw it away 😂🙈
Old 21 Feb 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Mickey treats look good! Xx
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
Mickey treats look good! Xx
I love the create your own treats, definitely heading back again in August as are the boys 😁
Old 4 Mar 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Another lovely relaxing day. We love the treats from Goofys too. I'm sure we could probably save a bit of money if we stayed offsite in a villa but I love not having to worry about the cost of food with DDP. I think if we didn't have it, I'd always be stressing about the amount our meals/snacks cost.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Another lovely relaxing day. We love the treats from Goofys too. I'm sure we could probably save a bit of money if we stayed offsite in a villa but I love not having to worry about the cost of food with DDP. I think if we didn't have it, I'd always be stressing about the amount our meals/snacks cost.
The QSDP/DDP definitely has it's advantages!