Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Jan 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Gryffindor's on tour 2017 Day 7 Busch Gardens

We woke up with the alarm at 7am, we got up and got showered. I packed us another cool bag lunch using frozen water bottles, subs from Walmart, crisps and chocolate bars. We promised the kids a McDonald's breakfast on the way to Busch Gardens so we were on our way at 8.20pm. We stopped for fuel and paid $2.20/gallon and put in $20. Across the road was a McDonald's so we went through the drive-thru. We picked up 2 orders of 3 hotcakes plus 2 oranges juices, plus an egg mcmuffin meal with a Diet Coke for me. Dave was apparently being good and not eating! What weirdo goes on a diet on holiday 😂😂. We paid $15.02 to be precise 😜😏.

The drive to Busch Gardens was really easy and we were parked up for 10am. Once we got out the car the heat just hit you, we could tell it was going to be a hot boiling day! We headed to the toilet as we were all bursting, then onto guest services for a DAS pass for Evan. The guest services queue was so long we decided to come back a bit later and try Cobras Curse in the normal queue as the park had only just opened.

When we got to Cobras Curse the CM on the ride said she could get us a DAS pass meaning we didn't have to go all the way back to the front of the park which was really nice of her. She said to come back and see her after we had ridden and she would have it all set up for us. We give her all the details and headed onto the ride, we walked straight on. Cobras Curse has a really good disabled loading area, they basically bring one of the cars to the side off the track and you load at your own pace. The kids absolutely loved the ride and when we came back to unload we were asked if we wanted to ride again? The kids both shouted out "yes" in unison, they were made up!

We went back to the front of the ride and the CM had our DAS pass ready and waiting for us, we could tell this was going to be a good day 🤗

Evan and Dave then went on to ride Montu next to Cobras Curse. They got to ride twice too, apparently it is BG policy to allow disabled people to ride twice which is a brilliant policy as it is quite difficult getting Evan on and off rides as he doesn't walk at all and we physically have to lift him from his wheelchair on the ride. We have had this quite a few times in Disney too where the CM's will ask if you want to ride twice but it seems to be at discretion of the CM themselves. However in Universal we have never been offered to ride twice in the 3 trips we have been there which is a shame.

Jacob and I waited in the gift shop whilst they rode which wasn't too long and we messed around with some of the merchandise!

We went for a little walk and deactivated our Seaworld cup for $6.41 and refilled the cup with Coke Zero. As we were walking around the park was so quiet, and we absolutely loved the feel of the park. We headed over to ride Scorpion because Jacob wanted to go on the ride which he knew he could go upside down and he was tall enough. As we got to the ride he began to get really nervous, we talked him round and he went on absolutely clinging to his dad, he came off and declared the ride "awesome"! Clear winner then!

We headed over to ride the Sand Serpent which was extremely jerky and I actually hurt my wrist. I'm glad Dave never came on with us as it would of definitely hurt his back, Dave has back problems and has had 2 discs removed in the past in 2 different operations.

The kids wanted to see the water rides but we didn't have any spare clothes and after seeing how wet people were coming off the rides we said we would ride next week when we came back, instead we headed into the birds and animal show for the 1pm show as we were absolutely melting and needed a sit down. The aircon felt amazing! The show was actually really funny, the kids were howling laughing. There was a really annoying man sat behind us in the show I am sure they were in a polygamist relationship because he had about 3 women with him and around 100 kids. It was a weird set up, all the kids called him dad .

We split up for Dave and Evan to ride Falcons Fury and there is no way on this earth that I am going on that ride! Jacob fancied riding Scorpion again, however the queue was really long so we gave up after 10 minutes of it not moving and decided to come back later with Evan to use his DAS pass 😱🙊

I found Evan by the restaurant Dragons Grill as Dave had gone the toilet and they had been given a return time for Falcons Fury, it seems BG had gotten a bit more busier as the day had gone on. We headed into Dragons Grill to eat our lunch in the aircon. The singing show started at 2pm it was great to watch whilst eating. The DAS time came round for Falcons Fury so Dave and Evan went off to ride that whilst me and Jacob waited in the restaurant. We decided to head off and ride Cobras Curse, on the way we see the animals, gorillas, lions, giraffes etc.

We rode Cobras Curse twice again, then me and Evan headed to Montu. We tried to get Jacob onto Cheetah Hunt but Jacob is only 47" he was gutted! We went into the shop and played on the drums instead. Jacob found a snake necklace and wanted to buy it so when he dies he can pass it on to his kids, I honestly don't know where this kid comes from sometimes!

By 4pm we are all hot and bothered so decided to to leave as we were returning next week.

On the drive home we were deciding where to eat, we ended up at Millers at Champions Gate. I had a voucher for a free flatbread so went for the Zinger flatbread minus the blue cheese and a water. Dave had the special offer of ribs full rack, both the kids had spaghetti meatballs and garlic bread. The kids had ice cream for pudding whilst me and Dave shared a captain jacks dessert, we had been waiting for this pudding since 2016! It did not disappoint!

We got home and 3 of us jumped into the pool, Evan played on his iPad, still scared of the water!

We packed ready for our night away to Royal Pacific Resort in the morning and went to bed, when my blooming toenail decided to fall off completely

Edited at 08:10 PM.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 18, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Really loving your trip report - ouch - the toe nail. How lovely to let you ride twice - Universal need to catch up.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sounds like a fab day, apart from your toenail!😳
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
Really loving your trip report - ouch - the toe nail. How lovely to let you ride twice - Universal need to catch up.
Universal really do need to catchup! The toe wasn't too bad it wasn't painful it just kept knocking me sick thinking about it and it looked really weird! Thanks for reading along

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Sounds like a fab day, apart from your toenail!😳
It's nearly all grown back now 6 months later
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Another great day 😁
Old 13 Jan 18, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Another great day 😁
Thanks for reading🤗 We loved Busch Gardens
Old 14 Jan 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We've never made the trek out to Busch, but every time I read about it I think we should make the effort! One day I hope. It sure sounds like you had a good time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
We've never made the trek out to Busch, but every time I read about it I think we should make the effort! One day I hope. It sure sounds like you had a good time.
Ah make the time to go it's amazing 😁
Old 14 Jan 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

What great service sorting the DAS at the ride.
I’ve never been to Busch gardens, maybe it’s time we gave it a try...
Old 17 Jan 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
A good day. I haven't been to Busch Gardens for about 20 years when there was some sort of link to Budweiser (I remember there was alot of Bud merch'). But we're trying it this year so am pleased you enjoyed it.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List