Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Jan 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Gryffindor's on tour 2017 Day 9 16th Aug IOA and RPR

I woke up today at 7.30am after the best sleep ever! I think it was all the walking yesterday just knocked me out and I went into the deepest sleep, I felt so refreshed this morning.

Dave, Evan and Jacob were all still fast asleep and we discussed the night before I would go and do early entry on my own as nobody else wanted to get up early. I got myself showered and ready. I left the other tickets and $30 behind for Dave. I keep all the important stuff on me like this in my bag so made sure they were ok before I left.

I got to IOA at 8.10am and followed the crowds round to hogsmeade snapping a few pictures along the way.

I absolutely love "the adventure begins" sign...

I go to ride Dragon Challenge (RIP) and put my bags into the lockers. On my way round the CM will not accept my room key for the express pass, the wait was 2 minutes anyway so I went down the normal queue, but I was quite annoyed being made to feel out like a liar, I figured she's just being funny. Anyway I head off the the blue ice track first, wow what a way to wake you up, I love roller coasters! I head back round to ride the red fire track. I try the express pass again as it's a different CM, I explain that the kiosks are broken at RPR and they still were this morning when I checked, he tells me I can go through the express lane this time but that most attendants won't accept my excuse and that I need to go back to the hotel to get it sorted! By this point I was absolutely livid. The fact that I am actually being called a liar and I've paid a very hefty price to stay at RPR for the express pass privilege and that I am even having to explain myself!

I head onto the ride anyway as I don't want to waste the early entrance time and the hour I will get to myself before Dave and the boys come in. Red track was great too but I think ice pips the post for me. I collect my bags and have a good look around hogmeade taking in all the little details you sometimes miss.

I go to see what the wait time is for Forbidden Journey but at 45 minutes I decide to leave it and head to Guest Serivces to complain about the Express pass situation and see if I need to go all the way back to RPR, I was still seething! Walking back through Suess Landing I bump into Dave and the boys luckily, we could easily have mossed each other! I explain what's happened about the express passes and Dave is equally annoyed as me and he is so chilled out, if he was any more chilled out he would be horizontal so I know it's not just me being over dramatic 😂😂.

We get to Guest services and explain what's happened and the situation, they apologise and they tell us there is a kiosk there in GS and unsure why we were told we had to go back to the hotel. Anyway we were fine with this as it meant we weren't wasting more time, so we got out express pass tickets sorted and headed back into IOA.

We paid for another day on the refillable cup $8.57 when Dave and Evan went to ride hulk and me and Jacob went on Spider-Man. It was becoming apparent on this holiday how much we were splitting up to do different rides which was not great but with kids at different heights was what needed to be done really. It was a bit of shame. We met up and headed in a clockwise direction, straight past all the wet rides, we plan on doing them next week when we stay at HRH. We carried on round to Kong, this was our first time on this and we absolutely loved it!

We were all feeling a bit peckish and Evan fancied a brownie so we walked all the way around to Suess Candy store. Evan got a triple chocolate brownie, Dave a caramel brownie and me and Jacob shared a chocolate Krispy treat, we had half each as they are enormous! It's only on holiday I allow us to have this type of breakfast I promise!

We split up again with me and Jacob heading off to ride cat in the hat, he didn't want to ride the carousel as he's far too grown up for that and I diverted his attention away from big fish 1,2,3! Getting soaked with denim shorts on was not on my agenda today 😂

Dave and Evan went off to ride Dragon Challenge and Forbidden Journey so Jacob and I took the opportunity to ride flight of the hippogriff twice, Jacob loves this ride, it's so jerky though!

I swapped and went of Forbidden Journey, this ride made me so sick last year and I really wanted to love it! I had my trusty sickness bands on and they were great I didn't feel sick at all!

Jacob was doing some spells around hogmeade with his interactive wand so me and evan went off for a little walk and agreed to meet up at hulk. We got some dippin dots at Popeyes cookie dough ones, omg these are immense! $5.32 and we shared them.

We met up at the 4cafe for a bit of aircon as it was so hot today, you could tell with the humidity it hadn't rained for a couple of days, it was like a pressure cooker ready to explode! Me and Evan nipped into DR Doom whilst Jacob and .dave went to Spider-Man, we decided this was the last ride of the day as we were back next week for HRH stay anyway. The kids wanted cicis for a late lunch early dinner. A plan was hatched!

We got to Dr Doom and Evan realises he has left his lanyard in the toilet back round by Jurassic park, he is adamant we need to go and find it! Don't think so buster! I'm sure somebody had a great day on a free express pass as we all know the pictures on them are next to useless!

We walk back to RPR but not without checking out the Christmas shop first! I love Chrismas but didn't like the decorations really!

When we got to RPR Dave had put our luggage in the luggage room when he left this morning so I went to the desk to make sure we were properly checked out after doing it online. They asked how are stay was and I complained about the express passes and explained how I wasn't happy at being made out to be a liar by staff in the parks and that I had paid good money to stay at this hotel to reap the benefits. The staff member was really apologetic and went off to speak to her manager. When she came back she handed us a free voucher for a meal at Jakes their on site restaurant. This was so unexpected we were not complaining to gain anything but the customer service skills are clearly quite good. We got a voucher for a starter, main, dessert and a drink each.

We decided to head to Jakes for lunch instead of cicis (I'm not a fan of cicis at all but the kids love it so I was majorly happy 😂😂). We had a range of started wings, beef fries and the kids had tomato soup. For mains we had a beef burger, turkey burger, meat pizza and a kids burger. For dessert the kids wanted ice cream but I was too full, dave took a chocolate cupcake to go. The food was incredible!

Whilst we were in the restaurant it absolutely chucked it down, but it was definitely needed, the humidity was intense. We were unsure what to do about a tip as it didn't say a thing on the voucher so we asked our server. She told us it would all be taken care of by the hotel. So we left very full and not paid a thing. Very impressed with RPR compensation!

On the way home to the villa we stopped at Walmart at Turkey Lake road as we needed a few bit and bobs, cereal, breaks, milk, crisps and some squash active wear for Dave. It came to $45.91.

It took us forever to get home as the traffic was bad, we walked into the villa at 6.30pm all knackered.

Jacob and Dave straight into the pool whilst I unpacked and sorted some washing etc out.

A bit later on I was sorted out tea just a few sandwiches and left over pizza when I heard Jacob say to Evan, look at this and hand him something. Evan is then looking for ages at whatever Jacob had just given him with a confused look on his face until he eventually asked Jacob what it is, to which Jacob replied, mums toenail and absolutely laughs his head off! Evan was nearly throwing up 😂😂😂 He is a proper little boy, a dirty little one at that 😂😂

I leave you with a nice picture of the toenail as I've talked about it so much over the last few days 😂😂

By for now 🤗💅🏻

Edited at 12:30 PM.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh how annoying about the express passes. I can understand the ride staff must have loads of people who try it on saying they've 'forgotten their express passes, but they could have been nicer about it with you.

My kids wee gutted when I told them the red and blue Dragon challenge were no longer...DS said they were the best at IOA as he's not a massive fan of the simulators.

I'm glad you enjoyed your lunch, I imagine it was a lot nicer than cicis, which like you I'm not a huge fan of but both my kids love.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Flimsey
Very Serious Dibber

Flimsey's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We checked into to RPR on the 19th and the Express Pass machine wasn't working then either, it must of been broken for a while.

Thanks for the picture of your toenail 😬
Flimsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh how annoying about the express passes. I can understand the ride staff must have loads of people who try it on saying they've 'forgotten their express passes, but they could have been nicer about it with you.

My kids wee gutted when I told them the red and blue Dragon challenge were no longer...DS said they were the best at IOA as he's not a massive fan of the simulators.

I'm glad you enjoyed your lunch, I imagine it was a lot nicer than cicis, which like you I'm not a huge fan of but both my kids love.
We did have our room keys with the dates and the hotel name on too so it wasn't like we had nothing! The theme park staff were supposed to be aware of it too! I was not pleased but a good outcome. Good customer service from them.

Originally Posted by Flimsey View Post
We checked into to RPR on the 19th and the Express Pass machine wasn't working then either, it must of been broken for a while.

Thanks for the picture of your toenail 😬
Well I just wanted to give you all a nice visual! That bleeding mountain never climbing another one again 😂
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

So annoying about the passes and trying to send you back to the hotel to sort at least they sorted it for you.
Old 17 Jan 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Great customer service from the hotel CM.
Thanks for the toenail pic
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Ouch, the toenail looks painful

Nice touch in way of compensation at RPR. The Americans seem to have a good understanding of customer service
Old 14 Feb 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
So annoying about the passes and trying to send you back to the hotel to sort at least they sorted it for you.
I know, I'd of been livid if I'd of had to go back to the hotel!

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
Great customer service from the hotel CM.
Thanks for the toenail pic
Haha want this report to be the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help the toenail

Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Ouch, the toenail looks painful

Nice touch in way of compensation at RPR. The Americans seem to have a good understanding of customer service
It was a good outcome and certainly helped me to decide in future about returning. The toenail wasn't painful at all it just looked unsightly 😂
Old 21 Feb 18, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

I would have been as annoyed as you to be being made out to be a liar! Least you got a free lunch out of it. Hope your toenail is growing back now xx
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
I would have been as annoyed as you to be being made out to be a liar! Least you got a free lunch out of it. Hope your toenail is growing back now xx
The toenail is nearly grown back fully now thank god ready for summer! The lunch was really good, we'd go and eat there paying too.