Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Feb 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Gryffindor's on tour 2017 Day 12 Chill and Ignite

Ok so today isn't going to be a full packed day, in fact it's probably pretty boring but it was a nice chilled day we were wanting.

I woke up around 8am and stayed in bed reading the news on my iPad until 9am before getting up and making a range of cereal/toast and pop tarts for breakfast.

Evan stayed in bed on his iPad for the morning, Dave and Jacob went fishing whilst I chilled out around the pool with a book.

Once the boys came home I made us all beans opand cheese on toast for lunch (I brought tins of beans from home). We watched Roseanne on the tv and I was telling the boys when I was a little girl it used to be on on a Friday night and I used to have to pretend to go to bed but once my little brother, their uncle fell asleep my mum used to let me come down to watch Roseanne with her and we'd eat garlic wheel crisps. I used to love it, I felt like the proper older sister doing this 😂

Dave and Evan went off for some fishing whilst me and Jacob had a dip in the pool before baths and watched the end of Paddington film on Netflix in the living room.

Once dave and evan got home they got bathed and dressed before we left for Buffalo Wild Wings at 5pm for tea. After hearing some great reviews on here I was really excited.

I had Philly cheesesteak, Dave jack daddy burger, Evan a flatbread and chocolate cake, Jacob a burger and ice cream. It all came to $48.19. Was I impressed? Not really! Would I return? Probably not. Not for us at all. I didn't like the atmosphere inside. Service was very slow and food not that great.

As we were leaving Evan noticed he had chocolate cake all over his shorts, it must of fell onto the booth seat and as he had slid along the bench it was all over the back of his shorts! He absolutely went ape! Evan has some real anger issues and once he's in a rage he can't get out of them for a long time, this put a dampener on the start of the night. The thing is he is sat in his wheelchair and nobody can even see the cake on the shorts because he's sat on it, trying to explain this to him falls on deaf ears! We just let him stew.

We head into Seaworld and go to Journey to Atlantic, well dave and Jacob did. Evan came out of his mood when he decided he wanted to go on a ride. Well after the torrent of abuse he had hurled at me and his dad a few minutes earlier, not a chance my friend! Got to be cruel to be kind sometimes!

We asked a worker at Shamu stadium if we went to watch the Shamu show would we have time to watch the fireworks and he told us no so we decided to go the bayside and watch the party and wait for the fireworks. It turned out we could of done both which I was slightly annoyed about but Jacob loved dancing the night away so it's one of them really.

We ended up having a really good night despite the rough start due to behaviour. We danced at the party and them watched the fireworks which were a lot better than universals but still not a patch on Disneys!

We were home and straight to bed by 10.30pm.

Sorry it's not an action packed day, tomorrow has a bit more action with a bit of chill time too 😜
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 18, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love the Roseanne story. We used to always watch it.

Sounds like a great relaxed day. We've never been to Sea world at night...So, that's something else for me to add to my list for one day!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
That looks really nice at Seaworld at night.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Shame about BWW

The evening made up for it
Old 14 Feb 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I love the Roseanne story. We used to always watch it.

Sounds like a great relaxed day. We've never been to Sea world at night...So, that's something else for me to add to my list for one day!
We don't get reruns of Roseanne in the uk do we, I loved watching it over there! Seaworld at night is really good, I was pleasantly surprised.

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
That looks really nice at Seaworld at night.
It was really nice, it had a really nice atmosphere.

Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Shame about BWW

The evening made up for it
It did we had a nice evening despite a rocky start!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Ah grumpy Evan! Definitely a Kevin lol xx
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
Ah grumpy Evan! Definitely a Kevin lol xx
100% Kevin and a big PITA!
Old 4 Mar 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Good to hear you had a nice evening despite the bad start.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Good to hear you had a nice evening despite the bad start.
The party was really good, Jacob wants to head back in August for a dance
Old 14 Apr 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Another nice chilled day. Shame you didn't enjoy your meal at Buffalo Wild Wings, I've heard good things although I haven't tried it myself.

I didn't know SeaWorld did fireworks... you're definitely pining for Disney!

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List