Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Feb 18, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Gryffindor's on tour 2017 Day 17 Chill and Cirque

So I'll admit today isn't a very big or exciting one. Feel free to skip or have a quick 2 minute read

I woke up at 7am and had a little play on the iPad looking a social media and the news. I got up at 8am and watched the weather channel. They were predicting afternoon thunderstorms.

We all got ready and headed to Walmart around 10am after which we ducked into Chick-fil-a and grabbed an early lunch or brunch if you will.

Back to the villa for 11am and into costumes in the pool before the thunderstorms start. And as predicted 1pm the thunderstorms started. We all mooched around the villa for a bit until the sun started shining again at 2pm so we piled back out to the pool area for some more pool time! It was lovely just chilling out and not rushing from here to there all day.

We all got ready and headed out at 4.45am to head to Disney Springs to Cirque du Soleil.

We had bought the tickets via Thomson when they had the really cheap tickets. Once I bought the tickets I phones up Cirque direct and asked them to sway the seats to disabled seats which they did no problem and gave me a different reference number.

We headed to the box office to pick up the allocated disabled tickets. The seats we were given were brilliant, it was like being in a royal box.

I went to get us some snacks but they only had salted popcorn 🤢🤢 so we ended up with some nachos and cheese and Diet Coke came to $9.

Once Cirque had finished we made out way out when we decided to head to Bahama Breeze at Lake Buena Vista. I'd heard good things about here but we'd never been.

Me and Dave decided to go halves on our meals of pork medallions and jerk chicken sandwich whilst the kids had tomato pasta and mac and cheese plus they kids shared some fries with their pastas.

It all came to $60, it was nice enough, not sure I would rave about it and rush back though. It was just nice.

Mish mash of 2 meals halved!

We paid up and went home for a movie, the kids chose the waterboy, they were loving Adam sandler films this holiday, and we all had some ice cream for pudding.

A nice day, not exciting but Evan had behaved all day so it was a good day

Tomorrow was the day I'd been looking forward to so much. MNSSHP and returning home to the magic kingdom 🤗
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh this is brilliant, my kids love an Adam Sandler movie too...Sounds like a fun day.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Nice to have a more chilled day and pool time
Old 14 Feb 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh this is brilliant, my kids love an Adam Sandler movie too...Sounds like a fun day.
Adam sandler films are ace, I love them too!

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Nice to have a more chilled day and pool time
It was, and because we'd done most things I didn't feel guilty sitting and chilling now 🤗
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Wish we had seen La Nouba before it went. The seats look great

Sweet popcorn all the way! 🍿
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Wish we had seen La Nouba before it went. The seats look great

Sweet popcorn all the way! 🍿
It really was a brilliant show! I'm glad we got to see it. Not sure I would pay the usual prices but for £90 odd we paid it was amazing!
Old 21 Feb 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

La Nouba is amazing! And well done Evan 😊 xx
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
La Nouba is amazing! And well done Evan 😊 xx
I wonder what the new Cirque show will be like at wdw?
Old 5 Mar 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

A lovely relaxing day. The seats you had at cirque looked amazing. We thought about going but couldn't justify the cost of the tickets.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
A lovely relaxing day. The seats you had at cirque looked amazing. We thought about going but couldn't justify the cost of the tickets.
I wouldn't of paid full whack but for under £95 it was a bargain, we really enjoyed it.