Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Feb 18, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Gryffindor's on tour 2017 Day 20 Sick day

I'm afraid today really isn't a good day or a good read but I can't just miss out a day. There isn't even any pictures because I woke up at 7.30am and felt instantly sick! I don't know if it was the French dip sandwich or the ice cream but I really didn't feel well!

The weather outside was miserable and we spent all day in the villa, me being sick and the kids on iPads and watching tv. It thunderstormed all day long.

Me and Dave sorted out the last of the washing and began packing as we were going home tomorrow.

I thought if I got showered and dressed I would make myself feel better so we left the villa at 3pm to get some tea and spend our last night at Universal.

As we were driving I was feeling even worse not better. We got to near Seaworld and Dave was like Danielle you are green, you're shivering and sweating. I just wanted the kids to have a good last night. Dave put his foot down, turned round and dropped me home at the villa. Thank god he did because I felt rotten. At least it was the end of holiday and we had done everything we wanted!

Dave took the kids out for tea and they demanded Steak 'n Shake. He asked if they wanted to go to Universal but it was still chucking it down and thundering so they decided they wanted to go to Walmart and buy their girlfriends presents! yes they are 6&13, smooth dudes!

Sorry for the rubbish day!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh no poor you. Such a shame you felt ill. I'm glad you relented and went back to the villa while the boys went out, or was it more forced? Good idea though, as it sounds like you were really poorly and probably wouldn't have been much company.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Oh no poor you 🤢 Like you said thank goodness it happened at the end of the holiday.

At least the boys all got out. What little gentleman they are
Old 19 Feb 18, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh no poor you. Such a shame you felt ill. I'm glad you relented and went back to the villa while the boys went out, or was it more forced? Good idea though, as it sounds like you were really poorly and probably wouldn't have been much company.
It was forced but I was definitely glad of it!

Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Oh no poor you 🤢 Like you said thank goodness it happened at the end of the holiday.

At least the boys all got out. What little gentleman they are
It didn't really spoil any plans and the weather was really rubbish, plus we'd done everything that we had wanted to do so no biggie! I'd of been fuming if it was the first part of the holiday! 😁
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

I feel your pain - bed is the best place when you are ill though! What little gents you have got there ❤ xx
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
I feel your pain - bed is the best place when you are ill though! What little gents you have got there ❤ xx
I felt so bad on them, but they are going back this year so not too bad
Old 5 Mar 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Such a shame that you felt ill on your holiday but at least it was on a day with miserable weather anyway and you had done everything you wanted.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Such a shame that you felt ill on your holiday but at least it was on a day with miserable weather anyway and you had done everything you wanted.
That was the only saving grace!
Old 14 Apr 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Oh no, it's horrible being ill on holiday. Still, at least it was at the end and everyone probably needed the down time anyway. I hope you feel better for travelling home tomorrow.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List