Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Feb 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Gryffindor's on tour 2017 Day 19 Chill and Disney springs

I woke up at 9am. Me and Dave got up and sorted out all of the candy! There was so much of it!

Dave and the kids just wanted to stay in and chill out, I think the holiday was taking it's toll. None of them wanted anything in particular for lunch they were just going to grab something from the villa. I was getting itchy feet and the weather was so great to sit around the pool. I said I was going to nip to McDonald's and grab some brunch.

I got in the car and drove to there. When I pulled up I thought to myself what am I doing here, it's our last couple of days in Florida and I can get a McDonald's any time at home. I decided to drive to Disney Springs. I've never had an Earl of Sandwich before so I went to get myself one. I got in there at 11.30am after the breakfast rush and before the lunch time rush. I got myself a full montague. It was amazing!

I stopped at Ghiradelli for my free chocolate for my dessert I had a lovely leisurely walk around Disney Springs where the sun was shining. I didn't buy anything but it was nice to spend some time to myself after being in close proximity to the family for the last 3 weeks!

I got back to the villa for 2pm where I went for a swim and wrote up my trip report out on the deck area.

We were unsure what to do this evening and we did say we might nip back to Universal for a couple of hours. We decided on Millers for tea. Before we left it was absolutely chucking it down and the tv said it set for the night. Instead of millers at I-Drive we went to Championsgate as we didn't think we were heading to universal due to the weather.

This was the big Mayweather v McGregor fight. There were signs all around millers saying if you were staying after for the fight we had to pay to sit at the table. We didn't want to stay for the fight so we were told we needed to leave for 10pm. This wasn't a problem so we took a pager after we were advised there was a 30 minute wait.

I had the French dip sandwich, dave the seafood trio and the kids had spaghetti and meatballs with vanilla ice cream for after with the kids meals.

We felt massively rushed during this meal. I really wasn't impressed. As the waitress delivered our main courses she was asking what we wanted for dessert! Is she taking the pee? I told her to come back once we had eaten our mains! I know it's busy but we are paying customers, treat us with a bit of respect! This was massively reflected in her tip of 10%!

On the way home we stopped at twistee treats for me and dave. We've been saying since 2013 we would come here after every time we pass one they are heaving. Well with tonight being a washout it was empty so we stopped and ordered waffle nut cone and a cookie dough cup. I couldn't get a picture as I had my hands full

Today's weather hadn't been very good at all but luckily it was the worst weather we'd had so far in the nearly 3 weeks so we weren't too upset! We still got to do a few things and although we missed out on Universal tonight we had done it to death this trip anyway so no biggie.

Home to watch a bit of tv and bed.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow, that's an impressive choccie haul! Nice to have some time to yourself to stroll around DS.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

How lovely having a wonder round Disney Springs on your own, I don't think I would go back

Twistee Treats has been on our radar for the last 5 years but we still haven't done it. Always been a queue when we drive by, determined this year
Old 19 Feb 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Wow, that's an impressive choccie haul! Nice to have some time to yourself to stroll around DS.
There was soooo much chocolate! It was great to have a bit of space from the family for a few hours 😂

Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
How lovely having a wonder round Disney Springs on your own, I don't think I would go back

Twistee Treats has been on our radar for the last 5 years but we still haven't done it. Always been a queue when we drive by, determined this year
Haha we were the same and finally give it a go! Disney Springs was great just a couple of hours strolling around and it was quite empty too which was a bonus with it being a Saturday!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Think I would feel lost wandering around by myself - but you did deserve a break! Xx
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
Think I would feel lost wandering around by myself - but you did deserve a break! Xx
I love alone time! I like taking myself off for little road trips in America 😁
Old 5 Mar 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

It's a shame about the weather today but it sounds like you still had a great day.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
It's a shame about the weather today but it sounds like you still had a great day.
The weather really took a nosedive at the end of the holiday but we'd done everything anyway
Old 14 Apr 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

How exciting, a covert mission to Earl of Sandwich! I hate wasting holiday time and I always regret it when we’re home but sometimes you just need a rest.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Loving the sneaky trip to Disney Springs What a shame you had a bad experience with the waitress at Millers, we really like it there. Were they trying to rush you away because of the fight?

I always look wistfully at Twistee Treats as we whizz past... is it worth a stop?

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List