Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Nov 12, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

My 1st Solo Trip - Halloween 2012 with Mickey. Day 2.

Don’t ya just love jet lag? 3.30am and I was wide awake. I tried going back to sleep but it was not gonna happen so...thank you Disney for free wi fi! I twittered and facebooked for a bit, watched the amazing Stacey channel and found radio Disney.

This morning I was meeting the lovely clairemichelle and her family for breakfast at Crystal Palace with Pooh & friends. I was very excited and got up, showered and dressed by 7am. I literally waited for a bus for about 30 seconds (fab timing or what) and arrived at MK at 7.25am.

While I was waiting at the entrance of MK for Claire I met another dibber Irishminnie. (good spot of the dibb lanyard!)
I loved getting in MK early...it was nice to get some pics of the castle without masses of strangers in the frame too.

Breakfast was great. It was so good to catch up with Claire and her family and hear all about their first week on idrive. The food at Crystal Palace was lovely and there was a fab selection. The character interaction was sooo good! I’m so glad I decided to wear a Tigger shirt as it got me a lot of attention from the characters...except I think it upset Eeyore. Lol. Claires husband has some very embarrassing video footage of me bouncing around with Tigger haha.

After breakfast we headed to meet the Princesses. Claire’s little girl Molly loves Rapunzel and we’d heard that the queues for her get ridiculously long. We did good and only queued for a few minutes before meeting Rapunzel followed by Aurora and Cinderella.

We then decided it was time for some rides...Splash mountain and Thunder mountain were top of the agenda. On our way over we passed Tiana with practically no queue so quickly met her then got fast passes for thunder and rode splash with only a very short queue. At this point I become little Molly’s new best friend and rode both mountains with her.
After exiting Splash we met Woody & Jessie...again just a very short queue.

We also rode the Riverboat, the haunted mansion, Its a small world and Philarmagic )my personal fave of MK). I don’t remember waiting more than 5-10mins for any of these. It was getting close to 2pm now and Molly was feeling the heat so Claire and family were going to head back to their resort fr some relax time. I was going to head towards main street and hang around for the 3pm parade. On our way to main street we passed Merida from brave, the queue was only about 20mins so we decided to join. She was so lovely, I sometimes feel a bit awkward meeting the characters where you can see their face but she was so lovely and knew which part to play for both the kids and grown ups. I also thought it was good how during her queue the kids could colour and learn archery.

Once we’d finished up with Merida I said my goodbyes (only for the day) with Claire and her family as they left the park and I quickly went and got myself a dole float. This was a first for me and top of my “to try” list. It was sooo good and will now be something I have at least once on each trip I take to WDW in the future.
Being solo came in handy for the 3pm parade. It was getting close to starting and main street was getting full, luckily I found a good spot to squeeze my little bum into lol.

I love this pic of Hook... lol

After the parade I did a little shopping...mainly of chamilia charms and left at around 4pm.
I decided to bus to CSR, drop my bags of then go on to Hollywood Studios. This all went smoothly and I was entering HS at just gone 5pm. Now HS had EMH until midnight tonight so I was gonna just see how long I could last. I had some dinner at ABC Commissary. The Angus burger with fried shrimp (the best burger in WDW) and chocolate mousse (which I couldn’t eat). I loved that I sat in here watching interviews with the Once Upon a Time cast... My fave TV show!

I thought I’d be better off trying to catch the earlier show of Fantasmic in case I was hanging by the time the later showing came around so headed straight over. I got seated in the centre block and enjoyed the pre show entertainment. Have to say I missed the Mexican wave though. Fantasmic of course was amazing! It chokes me up and brought on the first lot of “happy tears” this holiday.

After the show I headed for TOT... so did everyone else haha. I ended up in the queue for a little over 30mins. (The longest queue of my whole 2 weeks). I’d never ridden it in the dark so it was another 1st ticked off my list... a completely different experience, just as much fun! I love the anticipation of this ride, knowing what’s coming and sitting there waiting. I also love listening to first time riders haha.
I had a quick walk through a couple of shops but was seriously hanging by now. I was more than ready for bed so decided to leave.

I did stop by RnR but the wait time was 60mins so that could wait until another day. It was 9.10pm when I left HS and I was in bed by 10pm...wote up my notes for the day and lights out. Again I must have been asleep within seconds of my head hitting the pillow.
A fab first day, and great weather. Happy Stace!

Tomorrow... Typhoon Lagoon & back to Magic Kingdom.
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

what a fantastic day, lovely photos
Old 28 Nov 12, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggerstail
Excited about Disney

Some very good pics! Want to be back there...
tiggerstail is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post

what a magic day photos fab... you have some stamina...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Diva
Imagineer

What a fab day...lots done and great pictures xx
WDW 2020 POR
Disney_Diva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day

Lovely pics
Old 28 Nov 12, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
clairemichelle
Imagineer

clairemichelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I love reading about your holiday, especially what you got up to when we weren't with you

clairemichelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Wow! You crammed a lot in for a first day... no wonder you were tired

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 12, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Brilliant first day

xx
Old 29 Nov 12, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great day.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List